St George's Chapel
Religious building management is one of our core strengths. Whether it is a historic building in need of repair or a modern place of worship, we provide peace of mind and the assurance of a job well done.
ST JOHN'S CHURCH
Huntley Cartwright provided quantity surveying services for the demolition of the existing church hall and construction of a two-storey church centre, including a café, toilets and external works to strict planning requirements.
Huntley Cartwright was appointed for the project involving the demolition of the prefabricated building and the construction of a new parish centre. A multi-functional facility including a sports hall, kitchen, crèche, flexible meeting rooms, parish office and WCs was built.
The building was set apart from the existing church and joined by a new glazed link that was to serve as a new main entrance and common reception area.
ST GEORGE'S CHAPEL
Windsor Castle, Berkshire
This project consists of cleaning the stonework to the exterior of the chapel (including stubborn carbonated areas); replacing defective mortar and hard cement; repairing or replacing eroded stones, parapets, buttresses, window dressings, cornices, copings and pinnacles; and re-inserting or conserving statues, consecration crosses and grotesques.
The works are being funded by donations and have required constant monitoring and updating to ensure that the spend rate has matched available funding.
THE ROYAL CHAPEL
The Royal Chapel is a Victorian Gothic chapel, located in the grounds of the Royal Lodge, home to Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother.
The Royal Chapel was originally the site of a porters' lodge. It was converted into a chapel in 1825 for George IV.
The works included the repair of the oak roof structure, tile roof, cast iron rainwater goods, external window and doors, bell and clock, improvements to below ground drainage, internal repairs to areas damaged by water penetration and remedial works to the external landscaping around the building to mitigate rising damp.
Huntley Cartwright was appointed as quantity surveyor for the project.
THE BEACON CHURCH
The project consisted of the demolition of the existing single-storey worship centre and offices and the construction a of new two-storey building.
The ground floor now comprises a reception, offices, staff kitchen, WCs, hall, stores, lift motor room and plant room housing boilers and electrical switchgear. Two staircases and a lift provide access to the first-storey comprising a large hall, commercial kitchen, meeting room, WCs and stores. Another staircase leads up to a plant room housing air-handling units, water tanks and cylinder.
The building is naturally ventilated with the exception of the halls and offices which are air-conditioned. It is primarily underfloor heated with radiators serving the WCs, offices and kitchens. There is limited landscaping at the front of the building with a twenty-four-space car park.
The project was handed over one week ahead of the contract completion date. Huntley Cartwright was quantity surveyor and monitoring surveyor.
ST BARTHOLOMEW THE GREAT
The Priory Church of St Bartholomew the Great is London's oldest parish church, founded in 1123 as an Augustinian Priory.
Huntley Cartwright was appointed as quantity surveyor.
The works comprised stone cleaning, repairs and replacement to the tower and spire, as well as localised slate and leadwork repairs, replacement to the aisle and vestry roofs and refurbishment of the tower clock.
The works were supported by an English Heritage repair grant for places of worship.
ST CLEMENT'S CHURCH
Notting Dale, London
Huntley Cartwright acted as quantity surveyor for the conservation work to the church.
Repairs were made to existing slate roofs, masonry, rainwater goods and the existing spire. In addition, a lighting protection system was installed and adaptations were made to the drainage below ground.